Miss WVAFF Pageant Eligibility Requirements
A fair or festival (event member) may register a contestant to compete in the Miss WVAFF pageant if and only if all the following requirements are met:
- The event member (fair or festival) is a current member, in good standing, of the WV Association of Fairs & Festivals for the full calendar year prior to registering a contestant in the WVAFF Pageant. A member is in good standing by continuously meeting membership eligibility as outlined in the bylaws:
- Pay membership dues by January 15 of the membership year.
- Provide and maintain a list of current members of the governing Board of Directors, legally formed Corporation, Governmental Entity, and/or Quasi-Governmental Entity (governing body) via MemberPlanet.
- Submit registration of governing body with WV Tax Department to WVAFF and receive acknowledgement.
- Submit registration of governing body with WV Secretary of State to WVAFF and receive acknowledgement.
- An event member must have a public activity related to fairs and festivals, subject to WVAFF Board of Director approval, in addition to a pageant, for at least two consecutive membership years prior to registering a contestant in the Miss WVAFF Pageant.
- A new member must apply for membership prior to holding its first fair or festival. New members are not subject to the January 15 deadline for their first year if and only if they apply for membership prior to holding their first fair or festival.
- A renewing event member, a fair or festival that rejoins the association after any lapse in membership (one or more years), is subject to all eligibility periods and requirements as a new member. In addition, the January 15 membership deadline is enforced.
- WVAFF pageant contestants must agree to the WVAFF Pageant Contestant Code of Conduct.
- A contestant must have a signed contract with the fair or festival they are representing (including signatures from the pageant director and event President), and a copy must have been emailed within two weeks of the date of the local pageant to WVAFF state pageant director.
- Event members must have fulfilled all their financial and contractual obligations to their former queens to be eligible to register a contestant for the Miss WVAFF pageant.
- Event members must have at least one delegate registered and attending the full convention in addition to the contestant and her parent(s).
- Entry fee for the WVAFF pageant must be paid by the published deadline.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please CONTACT US.
These eligibility requirements are current as of June 10, 2023 and subject to change by the WVAFF Board of Directors.
Below are examples of application of the above requirements:
- A current event member pays its dues after January 15. The event member will not be able to register a contestant to compete in the upcoming pageant. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- A fair or festival joins the association for the first time in 2023. It must have events in 2023 and 2024 in order to register a contestant to compete in 2025. If it joins in 2023, but its first event as a member is held in 2024, then it must have a second fair or festival again in 2025 to be eligible to register a contestant for the 2026 pageant.
- A new fair or festival holds its first event in September 2023 and applies for membership in October 2023. Its first eligible membership year is 2024. Providing it maintains membership and hold its fair or festival in both 2024 and 2025, it would be able to register a contestant for the 2026 pageant.
- A new fair or festival applies for membership in May 2023 and holds its first fair or festival in June 2023. Its first eligible membership year is 2023. Providing it maintains membership and hold its second fair or festival in 2024, it would be eligible to register a contestant for the 2025 pageant.
- A fair or festival was a member in good standing for 2023. Its membership dues were paid after January 15, 2024, for the 2024 membership year. It is ineligible to register a contestant for the 2025 pageant and may be eligible to register a contestant for the 2026 pageant, providing your fair or festival remains in good standing for the 2025 membership year.
- A fair or festival does not continue membership for two years. It rejoins the association for the 2025 membership year and pay its dues by January 15, 2025. Providing it is a member in good standing and has events in 2025 and 2026, it is eligible to register a contestant for the 2027 pageant.
- A new fair or festival is holding its first event on June 25-27, 2024. It must apply for membership prior to June 25 in order to be in good standing for its first membership year.
Page last updated on June 10, 2023 at 4:00 PM – WVAFF Tech